Hair We Accept
- Minimum length of 8” (Longer hair is preferred. We lose several inches when making a wig).
- Hair cannot be highlighted or bleached but can be dyed (natural colors only).
- Gray hair.
Hair We Do Not Accept
Hair that has been treated with bleach – or lightened.
Hair that is not a natural color.
Hair that is sent to us wet.
Hair that is not packaged in a sealed plastic bag
How to Collect Hair
- Hair must be clean and completely dry.
- Hair should be secured and cut in several small ponytails rather than one big one, this helps us get the most usable hair.
- Please do not braid hair. If your hair was already braided and cut, please leave it in the braid and let us know if it is curly.
- Curly and wavy hair should be kept in its natural pattern and not blown straight.
- Cut hair 1” above bands (the one inch above the band is included in the length of donation).
- Secure small ponytails together at the top with a rubber band or ribbon.
- Place and seal in a plastic bag, label bag with your name and contact information.
How to Send Hair
- To prevent damage please do not use a paper envelope, please use a padded envelope.
- Submit an online donation form
- Mail to: Hair We Share 4 Expressway Plaza Suite LL14 Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- We will match your hair to your online donation form when we receive it and send confirmation in about one month.