Donating during covid 19
Save your hair. Share the Love.
We are getting a lot of people asking if we are taking donations during the Covid19 crisis. You can still send your hair in at this time. However, because we are currently unable to manufacture wigs we ask that you join our “Save your hair. Share the love.” program.
We are lowering our minimum hair length requirement for this program only!
Please join us!
Hair We Accept
- Minimum length of 12″
- Hair cannot be highlighted or bleached but can be dyed (natural colors only).
- Gray hair.
Hair We Do Not Accept
Hair that has been treated with bleach – or lightened.
Hair that is not a natural color.
Hair that is sent to us wet.
Hair that is not packaged in a sealed plastic bag
How to Collect Hair
- Hair must be clean and completely dry.
- Hair should be secured and cut in several small ponytails rather than one big one, this helps us get the most usable hair. It is ok if your hair was already cut in one large ponytail, we will still use it.
- Please do not braid hair. If your hair was already braided and cut, please leave it in the braid and let us know if it is curly.
- Curly and wavy hair should be kept in its natural pattern and not blown straight.
- Cut hair 1” above bands (the one inch above the band is included in the length of donation).
- Secure small ponytails together at the top with a rubber band or ribbon.
- Place and seal in a plastic bag, label bag with your name and contact information.
How to Send Hair
- Before sending please submit the online donation form (right)
- To prevent damage please do not use a paper envelope, please use a padded envelope.
- Submit an online donation form
- Mail to:
Hair We Share
4 Expressway Plaza Suite
LL14 Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- If you are joining our Ponytail Tracking with a minimum contribution of $125.00 Please address:
ATTENTION TRACKING DEPARTMENT
- We will match your hair to your online donation form when we receive it and send confirmation in about one month.
Ensure your hair is used
Your ponytail donation is much appreciated. Hair donations are a small part of how we are able to operate. It is not possible for Hair We Share to continue without financial contributions. The only way Hair We Share is able to offer free wigs is through your generous contributions. A minimum donation of $25.00 with each ponytail is vital to our existence and insures our sustainability. A donation of $125.00 fully sponsors your hair donation and enters you into our Ponytail Tracking Program. Donations over $125.00 helps you pay it forward to adopt one of the many ponytails we receive with out funding.