Donating during covid 19
Share the Love.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are lowering the minimum length required to donate to 8 inches. We are doing this as a fundraising effort.
We have lost all of our funding for the year 2020.
We are more in need of longer hair. But we are also in need of funding.
If you would like to donate less than 12″ (and a minimum of 8″)
we request that you start a fundraiser or make a direct donation of $145.
With your monetary and hair donation we will enter you into our ponytail tracking program, and send you a Hair We Share
“I Made the Cut” T-shirt.
Our program relies on monetary donations to manufacture wigs, your support will allow us to help more people.
Please join us!
Create a Fundraiser
Fundraisers that exceed the goal of $145 will be paid forward to help sponsor some of the over 30,000 ponytails that we have received without sponsorship.
Make a direct monetary donation
Send a check along with your hair or make a donation with Pay Pal.
Please submit a donation form below
For instructions on donating hair please continue to read this page
Hair We Accept
- Minimum length of 12″ (We can accept 8″ when joining our ponytail tracking program)
- Hair cannot be highlighted or bleached but can be dyed (natural colors only).
- Gray hair.
Hair We Do Not Accept
Hair that has been treated with bleach – or lightened.
Hair that is not a natural color.
Hair that is sent to us wet.
Hair that is not packaged in a sealed plastic bag
How to Collect Hair
- Hair must be clean and completely dry.
- Hair should be secured and cut in several small ponytails rather than one big one, this helps us get the most usable hair. It is ok if your hair was already cut in one large ponytail, we will still use it.
- Please do not braid hair. If your hair was already braided and cut, please leave it in the braid and let us know if it is curly.
- Curly and wavy hair should be kept in its natural pattern and not blown straight.
- Cut hair 1” above bands (the one inch above the band is included in the length of donation).
- Secure small ponytails together at the top with a rubber band or ribbon.
- Place and seal in a plastic bag, label bag with your name and contact information.
How to Send Hair
- Before sending please submit the online donation form (right)
- To prevent damage please do not use a paper envelope, please use a padded envelope.
- Submit an online donation form
- Mail to:
Hair We Share
4 Expressway Plaza Suite
LL14 Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- If you are joining our Ponytail Tracking with a minimum contribution of $145.00 Please address:
ATTENTION TRACKING DEPARTMENT
- We will match your hair to your online donation form when we receive it and send confirmation in about one month.