Wig Design Instructions
*This information is for wig applicants that have been approved by the Hair We Share board of Directors. Please email all information to the person designing your wig.
Your wig will be made as close to your request as possible. It will not be styled, we recommend taking it to a professional for styling, we can help you find one if you need.
If we already have a wig that is a match for you we can send it within a few days. If we are custom making a wig for you it can take up to 12 weeks to deliver.
Follow the diagram to take accurate measurements; hold the tape measure flat to your scalp and part hair out of the way. It is best to have somebody help you and check the measurements two times for accuracy. Be sure to submit all measurements for the best fit.
1. Circumference- The entire hairline. Begin with the tape measure at the center of the front hairline wrap all the way around the head keeping it above the ears and across your nape at the back hairline.
2. Front to Nape- Begin with the tape measure at the center of the front hairline to the nape of your neck (just below occipital bone).
3. Ear to ear across forehead- Measure front hairline, begin just in front of the ear and place the tape measure just behind and along the front hairline to the front of the opposite ear.
4. Ear to ear over top- Beginning at the side hairline above the highest point of the ear over the top to the side hairline on the opposite side.
5. Temple to temple around back- Begin at the front edge of the hairline on the side, wrap the tape measure around the back of the head to the hairline on the opposite side.
6. Nape of neck- Place the tape measure at the edge of hairline behind ear, measure across at the lowest point of the occipital bone.
Please send us photos for reference on hair color.
Please send photos for reference, you will need to bring the wig to a professional stylist for finished style.
Please choose one:
- left part
- right part
- center part
- no part
Help us to continue to help others
We understand that you may prefer to keep your situation private. We appreciate if you can help us to grow in the following ways:
- Start a fundraiser.
- Allow us the use of your photographs in our marketing materials.
- Tell people about us!