The craftsmanship is the key to the most natural looking wig. At Hair We Share we hire the best artists in the industry to create our wigs. The only way to get this quality is to hand sew hairs one at a time. Each hair is placed in a natural growth pattern. If you notice most wigs are made with heavy bangs, the reason for this is they are sewn by machine and the bangs are necessary to cover up the machine made workmanship. This is why it takes a minimum of eight weeks to craft our wigs. We are currently working to raise the funds (and hair) to make wigs that are semi custom and can easily be altered to fit any recipient, and be delivered to them within a few days.
The Process of Making a Wig
How You Can Help….
- Make a tax deductible donation
- Contact us to sponsor a fundraiser in your community or volunteer
- Create a fundraiser to sponsor your hair donation
- Donate your hair. (must be 8” or more)
Requirements For Donating Hair
- Length must be 8” or more
- Hair cannot be highlighted
- Secure hair in several small ponytails with rubber bands and cut hair 1” above rubber bands
- Before sending, please be sure hair is completely dry and sealed in a zip loc bag
Send Hair Donations To:
Hair We Share
4 Expressway Plaza Suite LL14
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
These locations are certified by Hair We Share to properly cut your ponytail so that we receive the most usable hair.
If you do not see a salon listed in your area and have a favorite salon you use, please ask them if they would like to join our cause and become a donation location.
If you are a salon owner and would like to become part of Hair We Share, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org